All About Agreement Makers: Mediation and Conflict Management Services
Every problem holds a gift for you in it's hands....
Agreement Makers is owned by Grace Baker, C.Med. Grace is a nationally Chartered Mediator with over 20 years of conflict management experience. We have a great team of highly skilled practicioners. We work together to provide you with collaborative and customized services that meet your needs.
GRACE BAKER, C.Med.
Grace is a nationally Chartered Mediator, Trauma Informed Workplace Investigator and Trauma Informed Workplace Restoration Facilitiator.
Grace started out by helping businesses resolve workplace issues through mediation and then found that the people in the businesses needed help in other ways... someone was getting divorced, someone was fighting with a sibling, the neighbors were mad, etc. So she began diversifying... until her resume became too fat to fit in an envelope. :)
Here's a brief history of some things she's been involved with:
- Family Justice both in Alberta and BC (mediator and mentoring other mediators)
- Civil Justice both in Alberta and BC (mediator and mentoring other mediators)
- Child Protection Mediation both in Alberta and BC (mediator and mentoring
- Department of National Defense
- Ministry of the Attorney General Dispute Resolution Office
- Public Works and Services Canada
- British Columbia Public Service Agency
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada Farm Debt Mediation
- Taught and coached Mediation and Conflict Management at a variety of
Colleges/Universities, societies, associations, companies, etc.
- Business and Workplace Mediations and Facilitated Conversations regarding
bullying, harassment, discrimination, inappropriate behavior and sexual
- Employee Assistance Programs Mediation and Workplace Investigation
- Anger Management Program development and facilitation with referrals from
probation, family services, counselors, lawyers, etc.
- New Ways for Families/ New Ways for Work - Dealing with High Conflict
- Human Rights Commission - Aboriginal Initiative
- Legal Services Society BC
- Parent Teen Mediation and Parent/Separation Mediation (Child support, Spousal
Support, Parenting Plans and Property/Business/Farm Division)
- Municipal Issues, team building and strategic planning
- Corrections Canada
- Home Builders Masters Program Facilitator
- Neighborhood / Community Disputes
- Unions and Workplace Investigations, Fairness Assessments, Culture Assessment,
Workplace Restoration Processes, etc.
- WorkSafeBC Prohibited Action Complaint Mediations
- ...and more
Grace has received accommodations and awards from:
- Alberta Justice (Minister and Chief Justice)
- Municipal Affairs (Alberta Minister)
- The Honorable Ed Stalmach (Past Premier of Alberta)
Grace is a member in good standing with:
- Family Mediation Canada
- ADR Institute of Canada
- ADR Institute of BC
- Mediate BC
She adheres to the Ethics and Codes of Conduct of the abovementioned bodies.
She grew up on a farm and now lives on the side of a mountain so she has a soft spot for rural
and remote areas, as well as the most urban. She to resides and works on the traditional lands of the Simpcw First Nation.
Grace spends a great deal of her time travelling through British Columbia helping people resolve conflict althought she's been know to work elsewhere in Canada. She serves big groups, small groups, businesses and individuals in person, online and by teleconference.
Grace has a 6 year background in mental health, addictions and partner violence. She also has a great deal of business experience.
Grace loves to collaborate with other professionals to help her clients as needed. She often mentors other mediators/workplace investigators who want to learn.
Grace has received (and loved) heartfelt thank-yous from clients that she has received over the years. Go to Testimonials to see a few.
Britt Dorland, IMI, Q.Med.
Britt Dorland is a passionate and dedicated IMI (International Mediation Institute Certified) and Qualified Mediator, Workplace Investigator, and Assessor. Britt is trauma-informed and a 2SLGBTQIA+ competent practitioner, currently on the BC Human Rights Tribunal Roster for Qualified Suppliers for Mediation services and a member in good standing of IMI, ADRIA, and ADRIC. They have a focus on Mediation, Workplace Investigation, and Consensus Decision Making.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Gender Studies, Britt possesses a comprehensive understanding of the complexities surrounding gender, sexuality, and identity. They have developed a strong theoretical foundation and critical thinking skills, enabling them to navigate the intricacies of conflicts and disputes within the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and others with empathy and expertise.
Drawing on their educational background and personal experiences, Britt is committed to creating safe and inclusive spaces for individuals and groups to engage in constructive dialogue and find mutually beneficial resolutions. They employ a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, valuing the lived experiences and perspectives of those they work with, and strive to create an environment that fosters understanding, respect, and empowerment. They are well-versed in the intricacies of workplace dynamics and leverage their skills as a Workplace Investigator and Assessor to ensure a fair and thorough examination of issues. As a queer, nonbinary individual themselves, Britt brings a unique perspective and personal understanding to their work.
Cristina Tsparas, LLB
Cristina is a workplace investigator and lawyer specializing in Workplace Investigations, Occupational Health & Safety, and Regulatory Compliance
She was a Occupational Health and Safety Consultant. She has experience with WorkSafeBC for thirteen years regaring regulatory compliance, labor and employment law, discrimination employment law and workplace investigations. Cristina is also a Barrister & Solicitor (Associate) focusing on Labor and Employment Law
Cristina received her Bachelor of Law LLB at the University of British Columbia and holds her advanced Certificate in Workplace Investigations.
She currently works and resides in the BC interior on the traditional lands of Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the unceded ancestral lands of the Secwépemc Nation.
We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land that houses us.